PROCELL® Composite products offer the best acoustic performance due to it’s multi-layer structure. It can be preferred for super silent enclosures for machinery and noisy equipment. It’s mostly used for marine applications.
Our composite products consist of 4 layers:
- Protective facing: Preserves the foam from oil, grease, dust or moisture, provides easy cleaning, acts as a heat reflective/resistant surface.
- Absorbing layer: A thick layer of PROCELL® foam to absorb the noise and prevent reverberation of the sound.
- Barrier layer: A high-density barrier provides the highest possible mass and gives the best noise reduction. Barrier options are;
- PVC: 2,00 – 2,50 – 3,00 mm thickness 3,5-4,5 kg/m2
- Bitumen: 2,00 mm thickness, 3,5 kg/m2
- Lead: 0,50 mm thickness, 6,5 kg/m2
- Buffer layer: (5 or 10 mm is recommended) This is a thin layer of foam with a crucial function. It acts like a buffer to let the barrier vibrate and not to transmit it out.